Module Discussions

Module Discussions

Search error
Last Post 9/14/2009 04:52 PM by Steve Aunan. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
Please login to post a reply.
Author Messages Resolved
nh
New Member
New Member
Posts:5
Avatar

--
3/24/2009 03:11 AM
    Hi!

    I get an error tring to use the Search in the Article module. I got the following exception. Can you see why I get this error?
    Thanx!

    /Niclas

    Error retrieving the article list:
    DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Parameter count does not match Parameter Value count. ---> System.ArgumentException: Parameter count does not match Parameter Value count. at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.AssignParameterValues(SqlParameter[] commandParameters, Object[] parameterValues) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, String spName, Object[] parameterValues) at DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider.ExecuteReader(String ProcedureName, Object[] commandParameters) at EfficionConsulting.Articles.ArticleController.SearchArticles(Int32 PortalId, String SearchTerm, String SortField) at EfficionConsulting.Articles.ArticleListBase.GetData() --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error Loading the Article List:
    DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at EfficionConsulting.Articles.ArticleListBase.GetDataPage() at EfficionConsulting.Articles.ArticleListBase.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    David O'Leary
    Efficion Consulting Staff
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:151
    Avatar

    --
    3/24/2009 08:10 PM
    Niclas,
    No other users have reported this error and I cannot reproduce it. I will contact you separately to troubleshoot the problem.
    David O'Leary
    Efficion Consulting Staff
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:151
    Avatar

    --
    3/27/2009 03:27 PM
    After some additional digging, we did find the source of the problem. A new version, 4.0.14, is now available with a fix to this issue.

    Please let me know if you have any additional problems.
    nh
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:5
    Avatar

    --
    3/30/2009 01:40 AM
    Great David!
    I did not get the your last post here that you found the problem, so I did start my own research today. I was just going to report the problem, but now saw you already found it.
    David O'Leary
    Efficion Consulting Staff
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:151
    Avatar

    --
    3/30/2009 05:07 AM
    Sorry, I should have contacted you directly when I found it. Let me know if you experience any other problems.
    Ad Spelt
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:3
    Avatar

    --
    9/10/2009 12:37 PM
    I have this issue too, but still in version 4.1.4.
    Is ther a script that I can run to solve this problem?
    Steve Aunan
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:5
    Avatar

    --
    9/11/2009 03:07 PM
    This issue occurs in Version 4.1.4 on DNN 4.8.4.
    Ad Spelt
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:3
    Avatar

    --
    9/14/2009 01:39 PM
    I solved the problem myself by running the procedure scripts again. First I dropped the procedures. Then I runned all the !procedure!scripts in the install package: the procedure part of the installscript and the procedure parts of the update scripts. Now the search engine works fine.
    David O'Leary
    Efficion Consulting Staff
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:151
    Avatar

    --
    9/14/2009 01:49 PM
    Sorry for the delayed response. We usually respond to problems within 1 business day. I'm still looking into how this problem is occurring. The fix is to run the specific procedure that is giving the problem. Articles_GetSearchResults

    If you are experiencing this problem, please run the following in you HOST-> SQL Tab:

    /* ************ STORED PROCEDURE: Articles_GetSearchResults ******************/
    ALTER PROCEDURE {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}Articles_GetSearchResults
    @PortalID int,
    @SearchTerm varchar(100),
    @ShowAuthOnly bit,
    @SortField varchar(100)
    AS
    SELECT ItemID,
    PortalID,
    ModuleId,
    Title,
    Description,
    Article,
    Authed,
    Featured,
    ImageFile,
    NumberOfViews,
    CreatedDate,
    PublishDate,
    ExpireDate,
    LastModifiedDate
    FROM {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}Article a
    WHERE PortalID = @PortalID
    AND (@SearchTerm = '' OR a.Title LIKE '%' + @SearchTerm + '%' OR a.Description LIKE '%' + @SearchTerm + '%'OR a.Article LIKE '%' + @SearchTerm + '%')
    AND (@ShowAuthOnly = 0 OR Authed = 1)
    ORDER BY
    CASE @SortField
    WHEN 'PublishDate' THEN PublishDate
    WHEN 'LastModifiedDate' THEN LastModifiedDate
    ELSE CreatedDate
    END DESC,
    LastModifiedDate DESC
    GO

    Steve Aunan
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:5
    Avatar

    --
    9/14/2009 04:52 PM
    Thanks for the fix! I had to restart the DNN app for it to work, but all seems well now.
    Please login to post a reply.